click here to access recordings of past ACPA2GO webinars
ACPA is proud to offer a series of virtual learning opportunities for student affairs and higher education professionals. Join colleagues as we focus on getting you the information you need to thrive in your role and best support your students right now. Presentations will be added as they are scheduled to give you ample time to determine individual needs and plan your professional development experience. Webinars will have a flat rate cost of $10 to ensure equitable access of information to professionals at all levels. Featured webinars will have a flat rate of $20 given the 2-hour timeslot and heavily curated content.
- Live stream captioning will be available for each webinar! A link to the stream will will be shared at the start of each live event.
- A recording of the webinar will be available for registrants after the event concludes.
- Registrations will be accepted up to 15 minutes before the event. If you were unable to register before the webinar began, you can purchase the recording through our ACPA2GO Archives.
Confronting Colonial Concepts in Higher Education: Supporting Indigenous LGBTQ2S+ Students Navigating a Colonized World
14 June 2021 // 1:00PM ET // $10
There is a history of colonization that intentionally removes, disappears, and eliminates an Indigenous presence, especially those who defy and challenge the colonial status quo. This webinar is meant to highlight the history of ‘Two-Spirit’ while also challenging colonial concepts around “gender” and “sexuality” through personal narratives from the Navajo Nation while also outlining practices rooted in relevancy and reciprocity to support Indigenous LGBTQ2S+ students and share knowledge(s) to curate environments that are encouraging and empowering to Indigenous LGBTQ2S+ students navigating higher education.
presented by: Charlie Scott, Ph.D. Student, Higher Education, University of Denver
Competencies: Advising and Supporting Social Justice and Inclusion
- Participants will have a better understanding of the history and concept of "Two Spirit" identities
- Participants will have a better understanding of the colonial and Indigenous concepts of gender and sexuality
- Participants will learn how to support Indigenous LGBTQ2S+ students and share knowledge(s) to curate environments that are encouraging and empowering to Indigenous LGBTQ2S+ students navigating higher education.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL to present an ACPA2GO Webinar
PRESIDENT2PRESIDENT SPECIAL SERIES
Join ACPA President Vernon A. Wall in conversation with fellow Presidents about their professional journeys within student affairs and higher education. Learn about their greatest challenges, how they feel about higher education today, and their personal and professional passions. These conversations are invigorating, real, and offer insight into presidential responsibilities, expectations and impact. Register today for access to the recorded interview and learn from leaders in the field.
President2President Series webinars have a flat rate cost of $10 each to cover the cost of captioning.
Click a link below to purchase the interview video file or consider purchasing the entire series for $75.